Opening hours February 2024
Monday to Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays by appointment.
- Saturday, March 2, 2024 at 12pm, wine and food pairings at the Domaine.
Great wines from Alsace
Domaine MATERNE HAEGELIN
Great wines from Alsace - Domaine MATERNE HAEGELIN et filles
Located in the heart of the wine village of Orschwihr, the Domaine MATERNE HAEGELIN et filles is based on several generations of know-how. Today Régine and Elise, mother and daughter, 4th and 5th generations, lead the domain in the respect of the vine and the living. The Domaine is certified in Organic Agriculture since 2022.
Our cellar, where one of the buildings dates back to 1616, produces the 7 Alsatian grape varieties, Crémants since 1975, original blending wine since 2015 as well as Pinots Noirs in barrels from the best terroirs (30% of the Domaine's vineyard).
Our vineyards are located between Bergholtz (Grand Cru SPIEGEL), Orschwihr (Bollenberg, Lippelsberg and Grand Cru PFINGSTBERG), Westhalten (Grand Cru ZINNKOEPFLE) and Rouffach (Hohnacker)
The diversity of the soils and their comprehension, the diverse operations carried out in the vineyards with respect to the plant and the biotope and a vinification that is not very intrusive, give our wines strong personalities.
We are proud of our rich terroirs and are proud to produce wines that are fresh and easy to drink, as well as great wines that can be kept for a long time.
Discover our selection...
Take a look at the wines we produce and discover our various vintage.
We have 35 acres (16 hectares) of vines divided into 52 parcels with all 7 classic varieties of Alsatian grapes. Our land, stretching from Rouffach to Bergholtz, is perfect for wine growing because of the composition of the earth, its orientation, altitude and slope.
Our wines are typical of our region, with a modern taste but anchored in a long tradition.
We have dry elegan Riesling, fine and tasty Pinot Gris, fruithy and strong Gewürztraminer.
Our wines cover the full range :
- The traditional wines : grapes picked at maturity according to the strict rules apporpriate to each type of grape,
- Wine comin from a particular named plot with a character unique to the site,
- special vintages : Eliane, Elise, wines linked to our family history,
- Exceptional wines : late harvest grapes (Vendanges Tardives), selection of berries with noble rot (grains nobles), frost touches grapes and red wines aged in premium mature oak barrels.Discover our wines